Friday, November 29, 2019

Presentation of the project "Parkinson here and now" in English.


Presentation of the project "Parkinson here and now" in English.

2019/11/29

I believe the time has come to share what I have learned over the past 25 years (95 % from English sources) with the community of sick and family members around the world, both those who have English as a native language and those who can read it. I began publishing in Spanish in 2012. Now, I will do it in English as well. Please, excuse the mistakes. I will appreciate any help in correcting them. Thank you.

A blog for the search and the outreach of everything that can benefit Parkinson's patients and their families here and now. A way to share the information and experiences accumulated after 10 years as my father's caregiver. 

 
This project was born in Blogger and Facebook in the summer of 2012, as an independent and non-professional observatory on Parkinson's disease, to gather and disseminate news that provide help and hope "here and now", not just in an uncertain future. Also to translate a lot of information from English that does not exist in Spanish.

I am not a doctor but a historian. I've been interested in health for almost 10 years and I started Parkinson's because of my father's disease (1994-2012). Since then I have opened the field of interests towards what we could call the History of Health and I am currently doing a program on a comprehensive vision of health and disease in the FM Line, which is called "Tune into Life".

"Parkinson here and now" is dedicated to all those who have suffered, suffer and will suffer in the future from this disease, especially my father Antonio Marquez Campos, who died on March 29, 2012, after more than 20 years of fighting Parkinson...



Activities in Spanish:

Blog: "Parkinson aqui y ahora" (since 2012).
https://parkinsonaquiyahora.blogspot.com/

Facebook: "Parkinson aquí y ahora" (from 2013).
https://www.facebook.com/parkinsonaquiyahora

Books:
- "Una forma diferente de ver el Parkinson. Casi 20 años de experiencias con la enfermedad de mi padre (1994-2012)" - (A different way of seeing Parkinson's. Almost 20 years of experiences with my father's disease (1994-2012) (2015).
- "Parkinson aquí y ahora. 25 años de experiencias en el mundo del Parkinson (1994-2019)" - (Parkinson's here and now. 25 Years of Experiences in the World of Parkinson's disease (1994-2019)" (2019).


Project in English:
 
Blog: "Parkinson aqui y ahora" (since 2019).
https://parkinsonhereandnow.blogspot.com/


Facebook: "Parkinson here and now" (from 2013).
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Community/Parkinson-here-and-now-1819846738233787/

No comments:

Post a Comment